After the great Tsunami of 2004 in Thailand, I was one of the priests who was sent there to assist the many Swedish tourists who were among the victims, and served as a coordinator for the work of the Church of Sweden in the region in the second week after the catastrophe.
After my ordination in Växjö 1973, up to 1980 I served the congregation in Femsjö.
I moved to Swaziland in Southern Africa and the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Southern Africa and worked there from 1981 to 1990. I have written two books about my African experiences.
From 1990 to 2002, I lived in Mjöbäck, where I served as a Parish pastor and was elected the Chairman of the Technical Service Committee of the local Council in Svenljunga. Between 1998 and 2006, I was a lay judge at the Magistrates Court in Borås.
From 1996 to 2001, I was a member of the Church Assembly (General Synod) of the Church of Sweden and from 1981 to 1998 and was a member of the Board of Church of Sweden Mission. For a part of this period I was also vice chairman of the Church of Sweden's administrative committee, as well as a member of several of the Boards of the Church's companies.
- In the Bible there is a definite message from God A letter to our Fellow Christians April 13, 2006
- Hammar's Church has collapsed Op.ed in
Svenska Dagbladet, February 8, 2006
- Reactions to The Priests' Declaration Dec 14, 2005
- The Priests' Declaration Nov 5, 2005
- Resist Letter in October 2005
- Statement concerning the planned bishop consecration by the Mission Province, February 5, 2005
- Hiding Away the Prophets Letter in December 2004
- Powerlessness and perserverance Letter in Holy Week 2004
- Who is responsible for the security of Dean Sandahl? Op.ed in Svenska Dagbladet, January 18, 2004
- We belive in coexistence Silence is always more dangerous than talking when people disagree. Kyrkans Tidning 2003.
- Conversations about the conditions for unity in plurality within the Swedish church Document from the Central Church Office June 2003
William J. Tighe: "Swedish strife"
Folke T. Olofsson: "A Grief Observed- On Being a Priest in a Dying Church, 2004"
Folke T. Olofsson: "Bishop Bertil Gärtner in memoriam, 2009"
The Church Coalition for Bible and Confession
You are visitor nr
since Dec 5, 1996.
Most recent revision 2016-11-09